Monday, September 29, 2008

After WANTED, maybe ... THE SPIRIT?

Hey there,

It has been about a month and a half since my last post here, and at the time I figured that my review of the Wanted movie would be the capper for this small blog on the interweb - at least until there was some news on any possible sequel or something. Now however, I felt obligated to make a comment on an upcoming movie that is scheduled for release this December 25th: the Spirit movie from Frank miller and Lionsgate studios.

I recently watched the newly released longer trailer for the Spirit movie, starring Gabriel Macht and Samuel Jackson, and was suitably impressed. You can't go wrong with Samuel Jackson shooting off some reeeaaally big guns, lol. Oh yes, there is no question that one thing that caught my attention was the suggestion that there will be gunplay - lots of gunplay, and that the Spirit won't be dodging all of those bullets: instead he will be taking some of them in the chest and then 'getting better' after a time out. This plus the fact that the Spirit movie looks to be one of those over-the-top-with-its-big-guns type of movies, and I think I will probably find myself in line for a ticket some time over the Christmas Holidays to see the Spirit. As the titular character says in the trailer, "I'm coming..."

Just in case you haven't actually seen the Spirit movie trailer yet, here it is below. Enjoy.

No comments: